The City is hiring a Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist. Those interested can apply through any Idaho Job Service office. The front desk clerk for the City of Bonners Ferry greets all who enter city hall, directing them appropriately, as well as performs clerical and accounting functions of the Office of Clerk/Treasurer as directed.
This position is an “at will” position, as are all employment positions with the City of Bonners Ferry. This position serves at the discretion of the mayor, city council and clerk/treasurer, with the clerk/treasurer being the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Outstanding customer service skills, in person and on the phone
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain various data bases
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Communicate and work effectively with elected officials, employees, contractors, vendors, and general public acting in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Must be reliable and able to work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Must be flexible and have the ability to organize and prioritize a variety of related and unrelated tasks
- Must maintain composure and have the ability to deal with people in sensitive situations.
- Greet and direct the public in a professional, courteous manner, answer phones and relay messages in a timely fashion
- Receipt all money received at the City of Bonners Ferry, reconcile daily cash and prepare the deposit
- Work with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Maintain vendor files
- Assign accounts to collection agency
- Work closely with all employees and elected officials regarding City business
- Comply with all city policies
- General knowledge of all office functions and assumes responsibility of the office in the absence of the Billing Clerk, Accounts Payable - Payroll Clerk, Clerk/Treasurer including clerking of meetings
- Perform a variety of complex duties designed to expedite services provided through the varied responsibilities of the office
- All other duties as assigned
Education, and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED and two or more years of relevant work experience.