As of 1 p.m. today, Boundary Community Hospital has collected and sent 25 samples to the Idaho State Lab for COVID-19 testing.
Of those, 22 tests were negative and three are pending. None of the Boundary County tests has returned a positive result. Should a test be positive, the information will be released by Panhandle Health.
All COVID-19 samples accepted at BCH are sent to the Idaho State Lab for testing at this time. These tests are recorded by county of residence and not by where the samples are taken.
If you have symptoms and believe you need to be tested, call your primary care provider to be screened. Tests require authorization by primary care providers following the CDC and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare guidelines for testing and the authorization of Panhandle Health District.
If you have the provider order and need the test, drive up lab testing is available from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday at BCH Outpatient Services.
A copy of the provider lab order must be faxed to the lab by the provider before you can be tested.Test results have been taking three to five days and are provided directly to your provider.
- If you have COVID-19 Questions, take advantage of these resources:
- Panhandle Health COVID-19 Information Hotline 877-415-5225
- Open Mon-Fri 8 am – 7 pm, Saturday 9 am – 1 pm (PDT)
- Idaho COVID-19 Hotline 1-888-330-3010, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mountain Monday through Friday.
- CDC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Checker
Boundary Community Hospital is very low on the priority list to receive any of the specific COVID-19 testing materials. If and when this changes, hospital officials will let the community know.