As a result of Governor Little’s statewide Stay-Home Order issued yesterday, Boundary County essential government services are affected in the following ways:
Landfill: The main county landfill will remain open. Satellite landfill collection sites in Naples, Paradise Valley, and Hwy 95/Hwy 1 junction will close at 5 p.m. Saturday, March 28, and remain closed through the remainder of the statewide order. Landfill is asking that all trash be placed into trash bags (vs. dumping loose trash) to minimize exposure of landfill workers to household germs.
For more information, call (208) 267-3812.
Road and Bridge: The Road & Bridge office will be closed to the public starting Friday, March 27. However, customers needing permits can call (208) 267-3838 or email Renee Nelson at email@example.com to request permits on a case-by-case basis for laden vehicles on the remaining closed county roads. The Road & Bridge link on the county website has an updated list of road status.
County Assessor’s Office: Staffed only Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays until further notice. Please call (208) 267-3301 Tuesday through Thursday for Assessment inquiries.
Motor Vehicle Licensing (DMV) office: Staffed only Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays until further notice. Vehicle registration deadlines have been extended to June 30, but they can be done by phone, mail or online through the ITD website if needed. For information please call (208) 267-7613 Tuesday through Thursday.
Also, recurring Boat Safety classes scheduled for Saturdays at the Boundary Search and Dive Rescue Team building have been postponed until further notice.
All other Boundary County offices and services are open and functioning but physical access by customers is still suspended. Most public needs can still be accomplished either by mail, phone call or email.
This restriction began on March 20 and will continue until further notice.
Should you have any questions, please call or contact the appropriate county office to obtain assistance. The following is a contact list for each county government office.
- Treasurer Office: (208) 267-3291, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessor Office and Auto license: (208) 267-3301, email@example.com
- Clerk’s Office: (208) 267-2242
- Sheriff: (208) 267-3151
- Court: (208) 267-5504
- Jury Commissioner: (208) 267-0924
- Prosecutor: (208) 267-7545
- Extension services: (208) 267-3235
- Road and Bridge services: (208) 267-3838, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Probation: (208) 267-7983
- Parks and Recreation: (208) 267-5130
- Planning and Zoning: (208) 267-7212, email@example.com
- Commissioners: (208) 267-7723, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans services: (208) 267-8611 or (208) 255-8882
- Noxious Weeds: (208) 267-5341
Thank you for understanding, and for helping to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Boundary County by staying home as much as possible for the next 3 weeks and by practicing social distancing measures if accomplishing any essential tasks outside the home.