As Governor Brad Little announced on Thursday, Idaho will move into Stage 3 of the Idaho Rebounds reopening plan starting on Saturday, May 30.
Stage 3 will enable more businesses such as bars and movie theaters to open and enables public and private meetings of up to 50 people.
Continuing social distancing of six-feet or more between people, wearing face coverings in public and good personal hygiene remain keystones of the reopening plan at all stages.
Boundary County officials are requesting the public continue to conduct county business online, over the phone, or through the mail as much as possible. However, for transactions that must be done in person the county will continue public access to the County Courthouse with certain restrictions in place.
The Boundary County courthouse will continue the Stage 2 protocols currently in place through Monday, June 1, and will open its doors on Tuesday, June 2, with the following Stage 3 protocols:
- All visitors and employees must still wear face coverings (masks) while in the courthouse building, by order of the Idaho Supreme Court.
- Up to 50 people will be able to be in the courthouse building at one time. A monitor will still be present at the front doors with hand sanitizer and face coverings, and to answer questions.
- Entry will only be available through the front doors on Kootenai Street. The back door will be locked. Special exception can be made for wheelchair access.
- The boxes for ballots, payments, auto registrations, etc. will still be in place at both doors for your convenience.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained, and only one single person (not groups) will be able to enter to conduct business.
- Only one person at the counter to conduct business at a time please. There will be tape markings on the floor to help keep the 6-foot distancing while waiting in line.
- Anyone entering should go directly to, or to the line for, the office that can assist them. Please do not loiter once your business is completed.
- No passports will be processed at this time as processing by the Federal Government is not occurring.
These rules apply to the County Courthouse only. Other county offices will be opening with similar restrictions including face covering requirements, so please check with them before visiting in person.
Actual court operations fall under the jurisdiction of the Idaho Supreme Court and there will be different protocols established for court functions.
County elected officials and personnel appreciate your cooperation and continued understanding and for following these rules to help protect the most vulnerable members within our community.