How about some good news at an awkward time? They’re opening Mirror Lake Golf Course on Saturday, March 21!
Mirror Lake Golf Course will open unless mandated by government officials to cease operations. The game of golf provides an excellent opportunity for exercise and social distancing, and Mirror Lake staff are striving to provide both to their duffing customers without interruption for the foreseeable future.
With this being said, the health and safety of employees and valued customers is their number one priority and they are implementing the following procedures in an effort to create the safest possible environment:
- Each golf cart will be sprayed with disinfectant following each round prior to being cleaned.
- They will spray all touch points including steering wheels, cup holders, coolers, and bag straps
- They have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting other touch points around the clubhouse including countertops, credit card swipers, pens and pencils, door handles etc.
- Pro shop doors will be propped open during business hours to eliminate a very common touch point
- Staff has been instructed to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer often, we have also instructed our staff to practice social distancing and to avoid crowded areas.
- There will be no sand trap rakes. There will be a local rule allowing a player to select improved lies in the bunkers.
They ask customers to assist in the following ways:
- Putt with the flag stick left in the hole to eliminate a common touch point.
- Allow for “gimmies” inside of three feet. Again to eliminate a common touch point.
- Most importantly, stay informed the COVID-19 virus is proving to be a very serious issue across the world and if you are feeling ill in any way please adhere to government agencies recommendations and stay home.
With everyone’s help, Mirror Lake Golf Course will have the best chance to achieve its goal of staying open for business with no interruption and maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
There will be no food service, but they will have canned and bottled nonalcoholic and alcoholic beverages available.