The Town is accepting applications for two temporary term Labourer positions within the Engineering & Public Works Department. Reporting to the Works Superintendent, the individuals filling these positions will perform various labour-intensive tasks under general supervision.
The work involves general maintenance of parks and cemeteries, including other Works Department labour functions as required. This position requires teamwork skills and commitment to provide the highest level of service to our Works Department customers.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- Valid British Columbia Driver’s Licence – Class 5
- Municipal works experience
- General understanding of the use of a variety of tools and equipment, including mowers, weed eaters and single-axle truck not exceeding a GVW of 10,500 kg
- Be physically fit and able to perform labour intensive work
These positions are temporary full-time, 40 hours per week Union – term positions, with a wage of $29.97 per hour (as of March 1, 2020 per the current collective agreement), plus 10-percent of gross pay in lieu of benefits and vacation. The start date of these positions is weather dependent and will terminate December 31, 2020 or earlier. A full job description is available upon request.
Please submit applications containing resume and references by 4:30 p.m. Thursday, February 27, 2020 to:
“Public Works – Temporary Labourer”
Marsha Neufeld, Executive Assistant
Town of Creston
PO Box 1339
Creston, BC V0B 1G0
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.